Flexible Data Model, Product Variations and User Friendly Configuration of Product Information for Australia's Leading Wholesaler
Our Client wanted to have a media independent, central repository for managing information about products, with a focus on the data required to market and sell products, this includes all design assets. A single source of truth for product data that can be used to create consistent, accurate and up to date information for dissemination across multiple output media such as web sites, print catalogues and price guides, mobile applications, email marketing, social media, kiosks etc.
Our Client is an importer and wholesaler of premium power tools and related products. Our client aims to be recognized as offering the best performing products in Australia when it comes to power tools, accessories and consumables. Supported by the best pre as well as after sales service in the market.
The vision is to deliver ‘Australia’s 1st choice power tool systems which enhance productivity’ for our end users. Our client portfolio of brands includes:
Our Client envision is to use PIMCORE’s PIM Solution as Centralized product information system to manage and distribute uniform Product information to across all communication channels.
The PIM will be a media independent, central repository for managing information about products, with a focus on the data required to market and sell products, this includes all design assets.
- Multi-channel publishing to web (multiple websites), print, social media and others.
- Integration with CMS (Kentico), ERP (SAP), CRM (Salesforce)
- Wide array of products
- Wide array of product attributes
- Frequently changing product characteristics
- Flexible multilevel product hierarchy
- Content versioning
- Scheduled publishing
- Product Status ie.Available for sale
- Data Asset Management
Ray Business Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (“RBT”) is a leading Global IT Services & Solution Provider, delivering robust, scalable and cost-effective solutions.
RBT Team conducted Requirement elicitation sessions and workshops at Onsite with Tooltechnic stakeholders to detail out the PIM requirements. RBT Team have done several Demos to Tooltechnic Team to envision the end product and to improvise the Data model. RBT implemented the Best Practices for PIM Data configurations and customized PIM for specific Tooltechnic requirements. RBT Team also wrote scripts to integrate products information from several data sources to unite all Product Information sit in central repository at PIM and enable PIM as Omni Channel for Product data. RBT Team configured and implemented PIM in cloud (AWS environment).
- User friendly configuration of product information.
- Easy publishing of the content to multiple media.
- Single source of product information.
- Able to maintain multi-level product hierarchy.
- Ability to use inheritance with multi-href relationships through drag and drop.
- Asset management.
- Hyper-flexible data model.
- Easy to maintain Product variations.
- Object-oriented data modeling approach.
The PIM Core configuration for Tooltechnic Systems was easier way to manage a large number of products under one tree. Multi-level product hierarchy setup was easy with the use of multi-href relationships.
RBT helped Tooltechnic Systems to get unmatched features, mainly:
- Configure PIMCore with master product data from different data sources.
- Designed scripts to automate product master data management process and minimize the manual intervention.
- Integrate with multiple legacy systems like SAP, Salesforce and SharePoint
- Configured custom layouts for role-privilege mapping
- Designing web2print templates using PIM libraries to be able to generate product passports, price lists, flyers and other print related content outputs
- Designed notifications for notifying the users about the important updates to the master data
- Defined the data structures to ensure user-friendly search capabilities
- Customized search grids can be setup by using column configurations
- Used inheritance as a key feature to relate multiple data elements to each product
Key criteria for selecting Pimcore
- Pimcore provides the needed flexible master data management of product information to efficiently enable this process.
- PIMCORE integrates easily into any IT landscape by its unique API driven and "connect anything architecture".
- Easily maintainable Asset management.
- Full fledge Omni Channel.
- Hyper- flexible data model. Manage every aspect of each master product record including hierarchy, structure, versioning and enriching master data with attributes, descriptions, documentation and other related data components within the Pimcore data management interface.