What's new in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook?
Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook includes the following new features:
- The E-mail Router is no longer required to send and receive Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 e-mail messages.
- Setup and configuration are now separate programs.
- There is an updated look that uses the 2007 Microsoft Office system user interface components, such as the Ribbon, which replaces the traditional menu and toolbar.
- A Diagnostics Wizard can be used to troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook.
- The Mail Merge feature has been added to the Web application. You can now specify the details of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM activity created by Mail Merge.
- There are several technical changes to synchronization to reduce the time that is required to go offline.
- Activity tracking and synchronization improvements are included. Microsoft Office Outlook tasks can now be mapped to Microsoft Dynamics CRM letters, faxes, tasks, and telephone calls.