Depending on how you plan to deploy the system, as a single-server solution, a multiple-server solution, or a clustered solution, the computer hardware that Microsoft Dynamics CRM and components will run on is important for acceptable application performance.
There are many factors that you must consider that can affect the hardware requirements. They include the following:
Number of users the Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation will support and the way the application will be used, such as for intensive reporting.
- Number of servers and how they are configured.
- Microsoft SQL Server performance and availability.
- Integration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the Microsoft Exchange Server or POP3 e-mail servers.
- Integration with SharePoint Server.
- Performance of your servers and the local area network (LAN).
- Whether users will be connecting from untrusted domains and forests or from the Internet.
For a list of the suggested hardware requirements, see Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 System Requirements and Required Components in this guide.