Kentico EMS Marketing - Lead Scoring Quick Start Guide
Lead scoring is the process of assigning points that identify a lead’s interest and reflects their location in the sales process. Points are assigned based on an agreement by the marketing and sales departments. They incorporate a combination of demographics, activities, and lead source.
Lead scoring is not an activity that is done independently by the marketing or sales departments. It’s a continuous joint effort by both departments to define a qualified lead.
Lead scoring is used to identify sales ready leads and those that would benefit from additional marketing activities. It is one component of a successful lead nurturing program.
Techniques of Lead scoring :
- Align marketing and sales departments to define a sales ready lead.
- Establish a consistent lead scoring methodology to rank leads.
- Determine a score threshold that will indicate a sales ready lead
- Start by assigning lead scoring rules based on Attribute data like demographic information.
- Set up alerts that notify the sales department when a lead score threshold is met.
- Assign rules based on Activity data like adding items to a shopping cart and participating in a forum.
- Assign lead scoring rules based on the online behaviors of anonymous and known visitors
- Explore multiple scoring scenarios to gain greater insights into a leads level of interest in different products or campaigns.
- Define an expiration period for scores that match the sales cycle.