Kentico CMS 7.0 Overview
Kentico CMS for ASP.NET is a piece of software that allows a person without any programming knowledge to create a powerful dynamic website.
By using Kentico CMS, you will be able to manage and edit the content of your website in a quick, efficient and professional manner.
- Open your favorite web browser and go to your website.
- Click Sign in to CMS Desk at the top of your website- This link is only available on the sample Corporate Site. On your own website,
- you will need to go to http://<your website>/cmsdesk – e.g.: mydomain.com/cmsdesk.
- Type in your user name and password.
- Click Log on.
The system logs you on to the CMS Desk for the first time.
User interface overview
The user interface of Kentico CMS consists of several sections. You will see that each of these sections has its specific functionality and its logical relation to the others. As a whole, the sections form a graphical interface that is easy to use and quick to navigate through.
The main sections are:
- Main menu where you can switch between the Content, My Desk, Tools, Administration, E-commerce and On-line marketing sections. You will be using only the Content tab most of the time.
- Document actions toolbar where you can create, delete, edit, copy, move or sort documents.
- View mode selection that allows you to choose between editing, preview, live view and list view depending on whether you want to edit content of your website or just see how it looks in a browser.
- Content tree that displays the structure of your website and allows you to organize documents/pages in it.
- Editing mode selection where you can choose the way you want to edit the content of the page. You can choose from editing of the content of your page, editing document fields, product or document properties and viewing page analytics. If you're an administrator, you can also design the page template.
- Editing/viewing space where the page chosen in the content tree is displayed in the mode that has been selected in the view and page editing toolbar.