Agriculture and Rural
By getting everyone involved and informed, we can prepare to grow enough food for a growing world — one that's projected to be 9 billion people by 2050. At the same time, it is equally important for Farmers and Rural Businesses to gain good benefits from their produces.
Consider below facts:
- Even though, fruits and vegetables in demand round the year from most sections of the population; massive wastage, deterioration in quality as well as frequent mismatch between demand and supply both spatially and over time eat into Farmers profits
- The producers and the consumers often get a poor deal and the middlemen control the market
- Poor efficiency in the marketing channels and inadequate marketing infrastructure results in high and fluctuating consumer prices, but also little of the consumer rupee reaching the farmer.
- The commercial value of fruits and vegetables in terms of direct consumption, processing as well as trade has risen substantially in recent years with IT interventions for market linkages
To bridge the demand supply imbalance during the peak harvest season, there needs a decision support system made available to farmers based on which a farmer can select a suitable crop that can fetch a better price or a deferred sowing schedule to bring the produce to a later stage in the market and fetch a better price. It is important to examine various aspects of fruits and vegetable marketing such as market infrastructure, marketing practices, marketing costs etc. and create an integrated model linking various existing and new initiatives for managing post-harvest losses and better price realization for the farmers.
Ray Business Technologies has deep expertise in Agriculture and Rural Development domain, and has developed innovative solutions with a motive to revolutionize agro sector through advisory and digital platforms that are synergistic with environment and business needs. Supporting enterprises for Entrepreneurship and Business Growth.
We understand the problems persist in agricultural value chain, leaving most of solutions as raw or over engineered methods that are difficult for easy adoption and scale-up. We have re-engineered existing models with strategic approach to provide innovative desired solutions for companies, research institutions, channel players and growers.
We have the experience, expertise and capabilities to help you innovate and transform your agro operation. Our full services offering comprise IT Services, Solutions, consulting and infrastructure services.
Sectors: Agriculture, Dairy, Poultry and Aqua
Some of our focus areas include the following:
- Sales Force Travel Management
- Campaign Management
- Productivity and Resource Optimization Modules
- Last Mile Inventory and Order Management
- Backward Production Integration
- Data Science and Forecasting